TfL began managing the Liverpool Street to Shenfield rail service in May 2015. Currently operating as TfL Rail, this service will form the part of the Elizabeth line which opens fully in December 2019.
Since taking over the service from Abellio Greater Anglia TfL have:
- Carried more than 38 million passengers (up to the end of 2015/16)
- Made sure there are staff on duty at every station from first train to last
- Provided cleaner trains and better customer information
- Tackled fare evasion and antisocial behaviour in partnership with the British Transport Police
- Improved reliability and the integration of these routes into the rest of London’s public transport network
We are also introducing new trains on the route from May 2017. See what other improvements we’re making to TfL Rail.